Last Updated: August 2, 2019
Symbiont Service Corp is a pool heating and air conditioning contractor, servicing residents and businesses in Florida. We’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Questions, Concerns, or Changes to Your Personal Information?
Please contact us.
Symbiont Service Corp
4372 North Access Road
Englewood, FL 34224
We collect, process and/or store information from you on our website when you:
- visit our website
- submit a form (e.g. contact form)
- sign-up for our email newsletter
- live chat with us
- comment on a blog post
We may hold onto your information until we receive a request for erasure, at which point we will delete or anonymize your information. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Visits to Our Website
This website symbiontairconditioning.com is like millions of other websites using Google Analytics to gather information about site visitors and their behavior. We use Google Analytics to get an idea for:
- how many visits our website gets
- how visitors found our website
- in which content they are interested
- how long they stay on our website and on each individual page
- what region they are from
- what type of computer hardware and internet software they are using
- and similar details
However, we do not send any of your personal information to Google Analytics. The collected information is used only for statistics, which help us evaluate our website’s performance. User-level and event-level data stored by Google Analytics is set to be automatically deleted from Google’s servers after 26 months.
Furthermore, to protect our visitors’ privacy we request that Google anonymize each visitor’s IP address.
To opt-out of Google Analytics completely, install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Website Forms (incl. Contact Us, How Can We Help You)
The information we collect from these form consists of all the information you enter and your IP address. We use the submitted information to process your contact request and to respond to it (if applicable). Submissions stored in the website’s database (e.g. for backup purposes) are deleted after 120 days.
Besides sending our newsletters to people who subscribed, we may also send marketing emails to our customers because a legitimate interest exists.
You can unsubscribe from our MailChimp newsletter anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter or by visiting the following URL: https://symbiontservice.us15.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=4c13a83920b0a9e9ed0e0d882&id=a126ba9c26
Furthermore, we employ the services of GetVyral to create videos and perform social media and email marketing on our behalf. When signing up for our newsletter on symbiontairconditioning.com, your email address may also be included by GetVyral in their email marketing they run for us. To opt out of GetVyral’s email marketing please click on the unsubscribe link in their email newsletter or by going to https://symbiontservice.com/unsubscribe/ and submitting your email address.
Blog Post Comments
Below each of our blog posts, we offer the ability for you to write and publish a comment. Any entered information will be public. This feature is provided by Facebook and requires you to be logged into your Facebook account. Besides your comment, your Facebook profile photo, your name and other information such as your job title and employer’s name might be displayed. Any data entered is not stored by our website but by Facebook. You can remove your comments any time by clicking on your comment, clicking on the dropdown arrow and then clicking on “Delete Comment”.
Furthermore, when you visit our website and are logged into your Facebook account, Facebook will be able to track and store information about your visit. To avoid this, please log out of your Facebook account prior to visiting our website.
Other 3rd Party Providers that Store and Process Your Data
- Our website is hosted through Lemon Bay Computer Service. The data you provide in form submissions as well as your IP address will be stored in the website’s database in order to allow us to process your request. Furthermore, Lemon Bay Computer Service holds a server log of all website visits to help with security and diagnostics. The server log contains the visitor’s IP address but no personally identifying information like name, phone number or email address.
- An automated backup of our website is stored on Google Drive.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website.
You can delete or disable cookies by using your browser. In Chrome you can delete your cookies by clicking on the three vertical dots in the top right corner, then clicking on “More tools” and then on “Clear browsing data…”. The operation is similar in other browsers, such as Edge or Firefox.
- Google Analytics’ (see description above) core functionalities store 1st party cookies in each visitor’s browser.
ApexChat (see description above) stores 1st and 3rd party cookies in each visitor’s browser.
- The Facebook Comments Plugin (see description above) stores 3rd party cookies in each visitor’s browser.
- If you close the Read Our Customer Reviews widget popup (shows on the bottom left of in the desktop template), a 1st party cookie is stored in your browser for one month, allowing the website to remember that you closed the widget. During this time, the Read Our Customer Reviews widget popup will not open again in your browser automatically as long as the cookie remains present.
- When our website detects a mouse behavior that typically represents somebody trying to leave our website, a exit intent popup may show up providing information about ongoing promotions. When you click a link in the popup or close the popup, a 1st party cookie is being stored in your browser for ten days. This blocks the website from again showing the popup in your browser for the next ten days.
Content Hosted by Third Parties
We may embed content on our website from third parties such as Google Maps, Vimeo and YouTube. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Please also call us at 941.474.9306 or email us at email@example.com with any complaints regarding your personal data. We will take your complaint seriously, investigate it and take necessary measures where applicable. This does not affect your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.