8 Ways To Save On Utility Bills
With a new year comes a new time to look at the way you live life and set resolutions if you do that. It is also a great time to look at the expenses you pay for utilities; if you can save money by implementing a few simple changes, that’s a great way to kick off 2021.
What can you do to reduce the cost of utility bills this year when running your HVAC? There are a myriad of things, some of which involve upgrades and updates to your HVAC unit while others are no- to low-cost.
Making the change to a geothermal heating and cooling system is one of the best ways to save on utilities. This is made even easier by the recently announced extension of credits for the installation of geothermal heating units.
Heating and cooling the house or commercial building is the biggest expense of most power bills. You can take steps to reduce power consumption, still be comfortable save money, too.
It is important to keep the HVAC system working efficiently because that will go a long way in money-savings.
8 Ways To Save On Utility Bills
Here are three ways to lower utility bills:
- Go green with geothermal heating and cooling! Going green will lower your carbon footprint and there are a few ways to that including: install windows with glazing; ensure the insulation has the proper R-rating; use LED bulbs instead of incandescent lights.
- Install a smart thermostat for the HVAC system. When you do this you can ensure the temperature rises and lowers at specific times of the day. If the home will be vacant during the day, it may make sense to regulate the temperature in the house rather than heating or cooling it if no one is home.
- Inspections and maintenance should be scheduled regularly. Cleaning and servicing the HVAC unit will keep it functioning effectively and efficiently and save money.
Are there ways to lower utility bills without buying new equipment? Yes, there are!
- Turn off the lights when you leave the room.
- Don’t stand with the refrigerator or freezer doors open while you decide what you want for a snack.
- Set your computer to go into sleep mode after it’s been sitting idle for a specific amount of time.
- Use a power strip for appliances and home office equipment and turn them all of when you’re done. Phantom energy use can lead to increases in utility bills. (Phantom energy is energy that you’re still being charged for even when the appliance isn’t in use)
- Close the curtains during the hottest part of the day to keep the house cool. In the winter months, keep the curtains open during the heat of the day in order to warm the house.
Implement some simple money-saving steps and kick 2021 off with more money in the bank!
Don’t miss out! Like us on Facebook or subscribe to our RSS Feed on Feed Burner and get our latest posts. Our symbiontairconditioning.com blog includes posts about topics related to air conditioning and our company. Posts about additional topics can be found on our main company blog at symbiontservice.com/blog/.
Stay In The Loop
Don't miss out! Like us on Facebook or subscribe to our RSS Feed on Feed Burner and get our latest posts. Our symbiontairconditioning.com blog includes posts about topics related to air conditioning and our company. Posts about additional topics can be found on our main company blog at symbiontservice.com/blog/.