Is Your HVAC Winter-Ready?
It may not seem like winter is approaching — especially in Englewood, Florida but it will be here soon. Is your HVAC winter-ready? It’s a question the air conditioning professionals from Symbiont Air Conditioning in Florida talk with their commercial and residential customers about at this time of the year.
Winter, such as it is, in Florida will soon be here and even if your air conditioning unit weathered summer with flying colors, you need to know it will keep you warm when you need it this winter. Because the heating and air conditioning system works year-round, you need to ensure it is ready to warm the house or office when the time arrives.
You certainly don’t want to wake up to a cold house or walk into a cold office, right?
When winter in Florida arrives, your HVAC geothermal professional from Symbiont Air Conditioning will ensure the unit won’t cause you any issues like:
- Condensation in the windows
- Musty odors when the heating unit turns on
- Proper humidity levels to ensure you’re not suffering static electricity all winter long
Is Your HVAC Winter-Ready?
To assure you, your home, your office and your HVAC unit are ready for winter, here are a few things to consider. Give us a call today to get on our schedule!
- As mentioned, schedule an inspection from an HVAC professional. We will inspect, and service the unit as a preventative measure to ensure you’re warm all season long. As a note: the unit should be serviced at least once per year — or even better, once per season (heating and cooling)
- We will check, clean and/or replace the unit’s air filters. If they are clogged or dirty you are not only breathing dirty air, but the unit is working harder than it has to and that will cost you more money in heating bills.
- Our geothermal professionals can also perform an air-leak inspection to make certain the home is as air tight as possible. When the heated air escapes through windows and doors or even through the attic, you are paying for heating and cooling that you are not benefiting from.
- Install a programmable thermostat. These are ideal and will ensure the house or office is comfortable and will heat and cool when you want it to. If you’re gone during the day, does the house need to be as warm as it does when you’re home? When you’re sleeping you will be more comfortable with the temperature a few degrees lower. You can program the thermostat to turn on before you wake up and you will be greeted with a warm home. A programmable thermostat is ideal for commercial buildings too as you won’t have to remember to turn the temperature down once the office is empty at night or on the weekends, nor will your staff come into a cold office in the morning.
- How does the HVAC unit sound? This may seem an odd question but unusual sounds emanating from the unit could be the precursor to a potential system malfunction. If you hear odd noises — those you haven’t noticed before — give us a call. Even if it turns out to be nothing, it is better safe than sorry and to waking up to a cold home, right?
Don’t put off your HVAC seasonal inspection until the unit turns on the for the first time this season. Be prepared!
Don’t miss out! Like us on Facebook or subscribe to our RSS Feed on Feed Burner and get our latest posts. Our symbiontairconditioning.com blog includes posts about topics related to air conditioning and our company. Posts about additional topics can be found on our main company blog at symbiontservice.com/blog/.
Stay In The Loop
Don't miss out! Like us on Facebook or subscribe to our RSS Feed on Feed Burner and get our latest posts. Our symbiontairconditioning.com blog includes posts about topics related to air conditioning and our company. Posts about additional topics can be found on our main company blog at symbiontservice.com/blog/.