How To Save Money On A/C Costs
Who wants to know how to save money on A/C costs? No, this isn’t a trick question, but many home- and business-owners in Englewood, Florida and the surrounding areas in Florida don’t realize how many easy steps that can be taken to lower the cost of the cooling bill.
With summer knocking at the door, we will soon be spending more time indoors and we will be running our air conditioners more often. That means we will be holding our breath when the utility bills come, right?
You don’t have to turn the air conditioner off in order to save money. No one wants to sit at home and be uncomfortable in the heat and humidity. In fact, it is unsafe for some individuals — including the elderly — to be in a home that is not air-conditioned.
We’ve put together quick and easy steps to take to cut your A/C costs while still being comfortable.
How To Save Money On A/C Costs
- Change the air filter. This could be the biggest and one of the easiest ways to save money on A/C costs. A dirty air filter will slow the air flow, make the unit work harder than it has to and will cost you more money. Also, with a dirty air filter, you’re breathing in dirty air.
- Get an A/C inspection. When you have the air conditioning unit inspected prior to the cooling season, you can assure yourself that it is operating at peak efficiency. A unit that isn’t working efficiently is working harder and costing you more money.
- Close the curtains. This doesn’t specifically have anything to do with your air conditioner, but if you close the curtains during the hottest part of the day you will cool the house down and that will mean the air conditioner won’t have to work as hard.
- Turn it up. What?!! Yes, turn it up. If you turn the air conditioner up by a degree or two, chances are you won’t notice it. A change from 70 from 69 probably won’t make any difference in your comfort level, but could positively impact your utility bills.
- Plant shade. If you have west and south-facing windows, you can keep the house cooler by planting shade trees or adding an awning. This, added, with closing the curtains during the hottest part of the day will give the A/C a one-two punch in efficiency.
Make sure your home is properly insulated. If it’s not, you could be losing up to 40% of the heated and cooled air and that will impact utility bills and cost you more money.
Call us for an inspection of your HVAC unit and assure yourself that it is ready to face the summer weather.
Don’t miss out! Like us on Facebook or subscribe to our RSS Feed on Feed Burner and get our latest posts. Our symbiontairconditioning.com blog includes posts about topics related to air conditioning and our company. Posts about additional topics can be found on our main company blog at symbiontservice.com/blog/.
Stay In The Loop
Don't miss out! Like us on Facebook or subscribe to our RSS Feed on Feed Burner and get our latest posts. Our symbiontairconditioning.com blog includes posts about topics related to air conditioning and our company. Posts about additional topics can be found on our main company blog at symbiontservice.com/blog/.